Monday, October 11, 2010

Initial Reactions

So un-officially I am 6ish weeks pregnant. I don't feel all that different. I think the initial feelings of sickness, may have just been caused by the weeks of straight work I pulled off to afford my ticket to see Gary (stress etc...).

It is a strange feeling. Everything in my life has officially changed, but I don't look any different, I don't feel any different. My daily routine hasn't changed for the most part...I guess all of that kicks in in the months to come.

I am keeping this little blog b/c Gary can't be here to experience all of the wonderful parts of the pregnancy...this is as close as it's going to get for now. In part, it is also to document this little adventure so we can read it again later!

Anyway... I suppose I should document in some way my initial reactions to finding out the good news, and the sharing of the said news with all the important players in my life. My first reaction, honestly was really happy. I couldn't believe it, then the "what the f*ck am I going to do" set in. How can I afford this, how can I do this alone in the case that Gary can't get here, what am I going to tell my parents, what about child care, how can I pay my rent if I'm not working...AAAAAHHHHHHHH! Maybe every couple has these feelings, I don't know. I mean, you can plan and plan and plan for a baby, but are you ever really prepared? In those terms, maybe this happy little accident could have never really been prepared for!

I knew right away that Gary would be happy at first just like me. I think he laughed (a bit nervously) at first. Maybe b/c he wanted to be REALLY excited but all those logical questions were inhibiting a full blown "YAHOOO!" Also just like me, I think the WTF set in and things were kind of emotional for a few days there. After a week or so I told my parents, and my family and that was very nerve wracking. I'm not sure why, but in the end everyone was very happy for me despite of the unorthodox circumstances.

After Gary told his mom & step-dad, and spent the Thanksgiving holiday with his friends he was much more excited that he seemed before. His friends were telling him that he seemed happier than he had before to them, so that made me smile :D

So in the grand scheme of things, no, this won't be the easiest or most normal pregnancy adventure but like my mom said "everything will be just fine!"

4 comments:

  1. Check check ... 1 ... 2 check check
    Is this thing on ?
    1 ... 2 testing .. 1 ... 2
    Yup it`s working !

    we are live !!

    http://therealgaryloco.blogspot.com

    here`s the link to my blog baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog title, you are way more clever than I am!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to make it a funny one...funny to me at least ... and i really didn`t know what to make it at all.
    Anyway...it`s what i came up with...took me a while...hahahha...not that clever.

    ReplyDelete